Thursday 15 September 2011

The beginning of an adventure

I have never written a blog before but better late than never!

So the impetus of writing this blog is to chronicle the start of an exciting eHealth project. My clinic, along with several other clinics will be offering some of our patients their very own Personal Health Record. I hope our experience will help many others to do the same. I do believe this will ultimately transform the way we do "business" - to provide health care to our patients.

The technology group and the implementation group have been meeting for weeks to plan this. Our start date was set for September 15, 2011 - today!!  One of the first things I learned was that things don't always work out the way I want - the project is delayed! We are still waiting for the final contract from the funding agency so the most realistic start date is now October 1, 2011. That's still a very ambitious date.

Later I will write about the people who are involved in this project and what role they play.

Already I heard over the grapevine that there is a general anxiety among the clinic staff. How will this new service affect the way we provide care? Will it add more work or will it make our work easier? Will patients really want to participate? We'll see.
David Chan

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting news David! Do any of your patients currently use the PHR? Will any of the new features from the McGill project be incorporated? I am hoping if I pester you enough you will update your blog more often :)

    ReplyDelete